Thursday, January 5, 2012

Free Daily Bible App Review


Today is day 5 of my New Year's Resolution to read the Bible daily. So far so good! I downloaded an app to my iPad, called the Free Daily Bible. It gives you suggested daily readings in both the Old and New Testaments. You can split it up into morning and evening sessions or do it all at once. I prefer to do it all in the morning. It takes about 20 minutes to read 2-3 chapters from the Old Testament and 1 from the New Testament. I like to read it out loud to myself when no one is home. It helps me focus on what I am reading. I need that!

This app also provides a daily Bible Verse, with thoughts about the verse and then a prayer. I REALLY like this feature. It adds a devotional component and really helps me to focus on being thoughtful and mindful of what and why I am reading the Bible in the first place.

Today's verse was 2 Peter 1:5-7, "Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.'

This is followed by a discussion of what the verse means, and a prayer.

Other features included in this app are the Ten Commandments, The Apostles Creed, The Lord's Prayer and a few more Famous Verses.

I highly recommend this app for those of you wanting to read the Bible through in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment