Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baking Powder Biscuits


I make these for dinner a lot! They are the perfect side for soups and stews or when you are having breakfast for dinner!

2 cups flour
1 TBSP. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk

Heat oven to 450 degrees.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening. I use two knives in a crisscrossing motion. Stir in milk.

This dough can be rolled to 1/2 inch thick and cut with a round glass or cookie cutter, but I don't usually take that kind of time. I plop the dough onto my cookie sheet, give it a couple of kneads, and then pat down to my desired thickness. Then I take a knife and cut in squares and bake just as it is.

Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.

Super easy, quick and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment