Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fast Before Feasting!

I have a big eating weekend coming up! We have a ballgame to go to, a birthday to celebrate AND it's Mother's Day weekend, so I know we'll be eating out at LEAST twice! I know for certain I'll be having peanuts at the ballgame, a pizza buffet, Ice Cream Cake,, another great meal and cookies, etc., and I plan to enjoy EVERY bite of it!

So today, even though my weight is at a happy place, I will fast two meals, in preparation for the big eating weekend.

Hopefully, by cutting calories before and after a big feast time, the actual damage will be minimal. Today is a better day to fast for me than tomorrow, as I actually need to run a lot of errands and be out of the house for a long period of time. So it's the perfect opportunity to take advantage of my hectic schedule to burn a few extra calories. Chewing gum helps. Drinking lots of fluids, preferably water, but it can be anything calorie FREE, also helps. The biggest help is making up your MIND to do it. Once you do that the rest is much easier.

Celebrate every hour! Fasting two meals is really not very long. Anyone can do it. I'm 7 hours away from dinner and I'm not even hungry yet! So, it will be a good day. On days that I fast that I do feel hungry right away, I find that once you get past that first hunger attack, your body settles down and your hunger disappears for the most part. You will however feel a little hungry, from time to time, but isn't that the point? You are forcing your body to get it's energy from your stored fat. Keep your end goal in mind. Remind yourself that you are burning fat, and you have plenty to spare. Imagine your body taking some of your fat and using it for energy. Let it!! Most of us have plenty of fat to carry us through a long hard winter!  Don't worry, you will refuel those storage tanks soon enough! There is always a reason to eat right around the corner, like this weekend for me.

Tomorrow I'll be back to eating smaller meals during the day. I don't fast everyday.  It is just an easy way to cut calories for your overall week, without having to count calories, exercise like crazy, or eat only rabbit food.

One word of caution for women, please protect your bones by getting enough calcium, Vitamin D and green leafy vegetables, as well as doing some form of weight resistance exercise to ensure dense bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment